Arrowhead Country Inn is a charming and intimate Bed and Breakfast in Southern Utah on Scenic Highway 89, near spectacular Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and the pristine Grand Canyon North Rim.
How to Get Here:
The closest international airport is in Las Vegas, about 187 miles, 3 ½ hours away.
To reach us from McCarran Airport in Las Vegas:
- Take Tropicana Ave. west to Interstate 15
- Follow the I-15 north and east towards Salt Lake City
- You will pass through Mesquite, NV and St. George, UT
- 8 miles past St. George, exit on Hwy 9, east (right) to Zion National Park
- Follow Hwy 9 through Hurricane, Springdale and Zion National Park
- 13 miles after leaving Zion’s East Entrance, turn north (left) on Hwy 89 at Mt. Carmel Junction
- Arrowhead is located 2 miles north of Mt. Carmel Junction and 3 miles south of Orderville on the east (right) side of Hwy 89, next to mile marker 84 and across the street from the Maynard Dixon Home Studio & the Bingham Art Gallery.
To reach us from Salt Lake City International Airtport in Northern Utah:
- Exit the airport onto Interstate 80, eastbound, which merges with I-15, southbound.
- Stay with I-15 until you reach Cedar City.
- Take exit 59, east (left) onto W 200 St. N., continuing east to N Main St.
- Take a right (south) to Highway 14, turn left and follow 14 east over Cedar Mountain, through Duck Creek and all the way to the Junction with Highway 89, where you will turn right (south).
- A few more miles will take you through Glendale and Orderville. 2 miles south of Orderville, you will see the Maynard Dixon Studio & Bingham Art Gallery on the right and the Arrowhead Country Inn on the left.
To reach Arrowhead Country Inn from Las Vegas, you will be driving through Zion National Park. We advise you to leave Las Vegas early in the day to have time for exploring Zion on the way through.
If you are planning on visiting 2 or more National Parks in a year’s time, pay the $80 for the yearlong pass. This pass will get you into any National Park, nationwide. If you pay for a pass in each National Park in this area, individually, you’ll pay $75 ($25 for each park) & your passes will only be good for 1 week.
Remember the time change: Nevada is on Pacific time, Utah is on Mountain time & Arizona is on Pacific time in the summer & Mountain time in the winter.
Plan for all weather: Zion National Park is very warm through June, July and August. Bryce Canyon can be warm or cold depending on the weather. Cedar Breaks, at 10,300 ft., is often cool. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon at 9,000 ft. is beautiful no matter what the weather. The North Rim is open from May 15th thru October 15th or until the first major snowfall.
Also remember that the West is HUGE and requires a fair bit of driving to get from park to park and sight to sight. Arrowhead’s central location between the parks and sights is convenient, and the Inn is an ideal base camp, located on Scenic Highway 89, which makes for pleasant driving. The Inn’s location is also convenient due to the many nearby attractions which are within 19 miles, including Zion National Park, the historic Home Studio of Maynard Dixon, the Bingham Gallery, Best Friends’ Animal Sanctuary, Moqui Cave, Old Hollywood Movie Sets, Kanab, Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, and the stunning White Cliffs of Mt. Carmel.
Bring lots of film, good hiking boots, river sandals, light jacket in summer, (coat, hat & gloves in winter) sunscreen, sun glasses, swim suite for Jacuzzi and swimming pool, hat for shade, a backpack & something to carry water in. Leave your worries, forget your problems, be prepared to see & experience Southern Utah and all the wonders it holds. There is no other place like it!